NIM SIM Registration: How to check your National Identification Number NIN via your mobile phone. You can check your National Identification Number NIN by using USSD short code on your device.
The National Identity Management Commission urges Nigerians to use the USSD short code by dialing *346# to retrieve their NIN number as it is available to all network subscribers.
Nigerian Communications Commission [NCC] give 14 days (two weeks) deadline for subscribers to provide their valid National Identification Number (NIN) to update SIM registration records.
The USSD code is available to all network subscribers or customers that are using MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, and Glo network.
NCC has introduce new measure for mobile phone SIM users with the use of valid National Identification Number [NIN] to update their SIM records.
Subscribers that are yet to register for the National Identity Card, kindly follow the simple step by step guide on how to register for NIMC .
- Login to NIMC portal and fill the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form appropriately https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng/loginForm.tpl.html.php
- Provide your valid and correct details or information while filling the form.
- Download and print your Pre Enrolment Slip.
Submit Your Application
- Go to the nearest NIMC Registration Centre with the following, Original and Valid supporting documents, Passport.
- In the Enrolment Center they will direct you to the Enrolment Officer that will help to verify your details on your application.
- After checking your application the Enrolment officer will guide you to proceed with the capture of biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) and you will collect two Transaction ID Slip, the temporary and the if the permanent is ready, they will give it to you.
Collect your NIN
- The normal time frame to get your National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is within 2 to 3 working days after your successful biometric registration in the enrolment centers.
- The issuance of NIN can take longer time in some cases, like validation of details for NIMC.
- You will need to keep Transaction ID Slip very well, because they will ask you to present it, in time of collection of NIN Slip.
How to know if your Nimc card is ready?
Visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website- www.nimc.gov.ng
Scroll down to the website home page and click on ‘e-ID Card Status Portal’ to check if your card is ready for collection.
After fill in your first name, last name and your NIMC check tracking ID and hit the ‘check now’ icon button.
If your this article is helpful kindly share with your friends and loved ones.