Amazing photos as Nigeria joined the rest of the world to celebrates no bra day 2020. Some Nigerians have joined other countries to celebrated no bra day as the hastag trending on twitter despite the fight for end SARS protest
What is No Bra Day?
No Bra Day encourages women to go without their bra to raise awareness for breast cancer and the challenges that those with it faces.
— #WOMENSART (@womensart1) October 13, 2020
It encourages women and men to spot early warning signs and get an edge in the fight against cancer.
When is No Bra Day?
The national day is celebrated every year on October 13, which falls right in the middle of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
#nobradayً is not about nudity, but about our women who fought against cancer and won.
— EndSarz (@ATGpaparazzi) October 13, 2020
It is a month dedicated to breast health in men and women and reminds people that breast cancer is a potentially fatal disease, but also one of the most preventable forms of cancer.
When did No Bra Day start?
National No Bra Day’s origins can be traced back to 2011 and is now in its 10th year.
How do I take part?
- Learn how to perform a breast self-examination
- Participate on social media with the hashtag #NoBraDay
- Buy a new bra
Why is it important?
It raises breast cancer awareness. If you check your breasts regularly, you are more likely to catch cancer early which minimises your risk.
Breast changes to look out for:
- a change in the size, outline or shape of your breast
- a change in the look or feel of your skin, such as puckering or dimpling
- a new lump, thickening or bumpy area in one breast or armpit that is different from the same area on the other side
- nipple discharge that’s not milky
- bleeding from your nipple
- a moist, red area on your nipple that does not heal easily
- any change in nipple position, such as your nipple being pulled in or pointing differently
- a rash on or around your nipple
- any discomfort or pain in one breast, particularly if it is a new pain and doesn’t go away (although pain is only a symptom of breast cancer in rare cases)
More photos of #NoBraDay